Monday, September 12, 2011

come away with me in the night.

A Wedding Anniversary.  A yearly observance of the day that I married my best friend.  A day to remember the way he looked standing at the end of the aisle.  An entire day dedicated to renewing the romance that can get all muddied up by the mundaneness of day to day life.  For me, it was a day spent away from routines, to be enchanted by our love all over again.



Our first anniversary doubled as our honeymoon.  We traveled to Montego Bay, Jamaica, and spent a week holding hands, laying out, enjoying pool cocktails, eating, and appreciating each other. 

It was incredible.

It was the perfect timing for a very well needed break from our treadmill lives.
looking up at our cabana

Besides getting a jelly fish sting across both of my thighs, it was the perfect gettaway. 

I loved spending so much one on one time with my groom. Some times we get so swept up by our jobs, our kids, money stresses, just the ho-hum of our day to day routines. I loved being able to slow down, and love my husband.  To appreciate how fulfilling our marriage is.  To laugh, to tease, to make love, to renew. 

Happy one year anniversary to my love, my heart, and my life. 

Come away with me and we'll kiss.  
On a mountaintop.
Come away with me.
And I'll never stop loving you.

No comments:

Post a Comment